7 Things Nobody Ever Tells You About Empty Nest
By Natalie Caine
“I have found that to love and be loved is the most empowering and exhilarating of all human emotions.” — Jane Goodall
1. No matter if you are married, single, career or non-career, tears will fall.
2. You thought you prepared for the role shift and still you are confused who you are now and who your children are.
3. Good news is you find new parts of yourself that had to go dormant and those parts bring happiness.
4. Each person shifts uniquely and on their own timing because no one has the family you have. Delete the need to compare.
5. Finding new meaning and friendships includes mistakes
6. You get to change your mind when you head in a direction and then it doesn’t feel right.
7. They come back and you don’t have to lose your new found freedom.
If you can relate to these thoughts or have more curiosity about them, post your questions or comments and I will be happy to add more support for you.
Change never travels in a straight line. Wish it did. No one needs to go through a major life transition alone. Ask for help.
Take good care,
Los Angeles, CA
– Private telephone consultations
– Workshops and retreats
– Speaking engagements
– Featured in Time Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, Lifetime Radio for Women, Washington Post, USA Today, NY Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Associated Press, and more media.